Saturday 5 June 2010

My First Surgeries

Yesterday was my first surgery as the local Member of Parliament. It was a packed schedule in Hounslow Community Hall, with lots of residents wanting to meet with me to discuss their issues. I followed this up with another surgery today in Chiswick Town Hall. I listened to a range of issues - all of which were really important to each person.

This is a major part of what being a Member of Parliament is about. Trying to help local people with their specific concerns and to improve their lives on an individual level.

I will follow up with all these issues when I am back in the House of Commons on Monday as it is important to get a response back to people as quickly as possible. I always try and put myself in their shoes...."if this was the issue affecting me, how would I feel?". At the moment, whilst we still don't have an office, it may not be possible to get back to residents as quickly as I would like, but I will make every effort to do so.

5 comments:

Ann Glennerster said...

Good to hear of your surgeries.
I should very much like to come to one to talk about Chiswick Community School.
Where are the surgeries? Time? and Place?
Ann Glennerster

Unknown said...

Perhaps it might be a good idea to publicise where and when the surgeries are? ChiswickW4 are commenting that no one knew about them.

Anonymous said...

I saw Mary Macleod at her first surgery in Hounslow. I had never been to an MP's surgery before so was a bit apprehensive but there was no need to be. She came across as genuine, sympathetic to my issue and highly professional. I went away with a lighter heart knowing, with confidence, that she would help me. She followed up my issue and communicated with me as promised and I am now waiting to see how things unfold. It has certainly changed my view of MPs. Final thought: give Mary a chance - she really wants to help people like you and me.

Anonymous said...

I met with Mary Macleod at her first surgery in Hounslow. I had never been to an MP's surgery before so was a bit apprehensive. But there was no need to be. Mary came across as genuine, understanding and professional. I left with a lighter heart knowing that she would help me. Afterwards she followed up and communicated with me as promised. I am now waiting to see how things unfold. It has certainly changed my view of MPs. Give Mary a chance - she really is a genuine person, willing and keen to help people like you and I.

Mary Macleod said...

My apologies for the delay in responding but just to let you know that I am holding regular surgeries across the constituency. If you would like to attend, please call my office on 020 7219 7023 and a member of my team will be happy to help you.