When I was first selected for this constituency, I made it clear that if I was fortunate enough to be elected as the Member of Parliament for this area, I would not be claiming an additional central London home from the tax-payer. I am now making clear other specific commitments I will make to ensure that we rebuild trust back into the political process. I am giving local residents a clear choice between Ann Keen and I. One of the key differences will be on our approach to expenses.
If I am elected as Member of Parliament at the next General Election, I promise to:
- Not claim the allowance for an additional home in the centre of London.
- Publish on my website details of all my office expenses incurred as the Member of Parliament.
- Publish on my website details of all donations above £1,000, in line with Electoral Commission rules.
- Open up my unedited expenses claims to local newspapers at the end of every financial year.
- Never claim for day-to-day living expenses such as food, furniture or household goods.
- Hold regular surgeries so that local residents can ask directly about issues important to them.