Monday 29 December 2008

Nearing the end of the year...

It has been great to meet so many people during the past year whilst I have been out and about in the constituency. A way of listening to your concerns.

The strong message I am hearing throughout the constituency, is that it is time for change. As the Government’s disastrous economic policies bite, people are increasingly worried about their jobs, their homes and their families. Like them, I want to see a change for the better and that means a Conservative government. I am ready, willing and able to serve the people of Chiswick, Brentford, Isleworth, Osterley and Hounslow, so let’s have the election now.

As we move into 2009, I want us all to be able to hope and dream of better times. I want to help build a stronger society locally where people work together in communities, sharing responsibility, trusting and supporting each other. I want to create a future where people believe that anything is possible – a future where everyone is given the support, skills and opportunity to be the best they can be. I want to give more people power over their lives, I want to make families stronger and society more responsible and I want to make our community safer and greener.

I wish you all, no matter who you are or how you vote, a very happy and peaceful Christmas and New Year. I look forward to meeting many more of you in 2009 and beyond...


P.S. Thanks for reading my blog!

No comments: