Friday 10 October 2008

An afternoon at Brentford Football Club


Last Saturday I went to the Brentford vs Macclesfield match at Griffin Park.

The team were so much better than the last time I had seen them during last season. They played like a team and even although they had a few near goals, they won with 1:0.

At half time, I was presented with a football and had a photo with the girls team. I also had to do the first penalty shoot-out.... my first ever...and in high heel boots! As you can imagine, I did not show any great skill. However, the girls were fantastic.


Thanks to everyone at Brentford Football Club and the Community Sports Trust, who do an amazing job in creating opportunities in sport. They do so much to help young people feel part of a team, see themselves develop and improve their skills and build commitment and enthusiasm which can inspire others.


Photo: Mary with the Brentford U12's and U14's Girls FC at half time


No comments: