Thursday 31 January 2008

Friday Night at the Express Tavern, Kew Bridge


I couldn't resist when some of my colleagues asked me to go to a Burns night at the Express Tavern at Kew Bridge! Even although I was born in London and have lived longer in London than anywhere else, with a name like Macleod, I cannot deny my Scottish roots.


It was a full house and Cllr Paul Lynch (pictured here) did a superb job of addressing the haggis and of reciting Tam O'Shanter.


Well done to the Express Tavern. They showed that no matter who you are or where you come from... London is a city for all and we enjoy celebrating diversity and different cultures.

1 comment:

joker said...

Hi, Mary.

I like your blog. I'll come back for more, keep it up!

Do drop by my blog and have a look.

http://1jokeaday.blogspot.com